Sunday 3 October 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars.
Ip Man, directed by Wilson Yip, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Elvira's Movie Macabre.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Data East Arcade Classics or Date Warp.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 3 October 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 October
- Ben Mondor: Canadian-born American baseball executive (Born 1925).
- Security forces eliminated 25 Taliban militants in their former stronghold Nad Ali district of southern Helmand province of Afghanistan. (People)
- A roadside bomb strikes a civilian car in Paktika Province, in eastern Afghanistan, leaving seven civilians dead. (Xinhua)
- Twelve people were killed and seven injured after individuals opened fire at NATO oil tankers near the Defence Housing Authority, in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. (Xinhua)
- In a second audio recording in 24 hours, Al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden says Muslim nations haven't done enough to support relief efforts in flood-hit Pakistan. (timesnow.tv)
- An Israeli military tribunal convicts two Israeli soldiers for using a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza in 2009, said to be the first conviction of its kind in Israel's history. (AFP via Google News)
- Two Thai soldiers are killed and four others are wounded during a gun fight with suspected Islamist rebels in the south of the country. (Thai News Agency)
- Police in Indonesia kill six suspected Islamist militants and arrest four others in a raid in North Sumatra. (Xinhua)
- Archaeologists digging at a site on the Egypt-Gaza border unearth parts of a possible hidden city which they believe is more than 2,000 years old. They encounter difficulties while excavating due to the blockade of Gaza. (Al Jazeera)
- International cultural experts attack the Italian government's policy of tolerating oversized advertisements on historic Venetian sights as being ampquotprobably illegalampquot. They say it violates the city's UNESCO ranking as a World Heritage Site. (''The Observer'')
- An art exhibition indicates Adolf Hitler's foreign minister, Joachim von Ribbentrop, planned to retire in Cornwall after the planned German invasion of Britain during World War II. (''The Observer'')
- Six people were killed and five injured Sunday after a wall of a factory building under construction collapsed in east China's Shandong Province. (Sina)
- Five people were killed and four others were injured in a colliery explosion in southwest China's Guizhou Province. The accident was reported at Huanghegou pit in Xixiu District of Anshun City. (China Daily)
- Nine die in floods in central Vietnam. Four people have been killed in Ha Tinh Province, one in Quang Binh Province and one in Quang Tri Province, while two individuals were injured in Ha Tinh and Quang Binh Provinces. (Vietnamnet)
- An explosion rips through a leather workshop in the town of Güzelburç in Hatay Province, Turkey, killing 3 people and injuring 5 others. (''Hürriyet'')
- 74-year-old Prime Minister of Italy Silvio Berlusconi tells a blasphemous joke about Jews to emergency workers dealing with the 2009 L'Aquila earthquake, causing upset to the Vatican. Berlusconi describes it as ampquotjust a laughampquot he made ampquotmade in private, not offensive and not a sin.ampquot (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Germany marks 20 years as a reunified nation with events in Bremen and pays its last World War I reparations. (AFP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The United States issues a travel alert to its citizens across Europe, warning that it suspects they may become the target of a commando-style attack. (Channel 4 News)
- The United Kingdom's Foreign and Commonwealth Office updates its travel advice for Europe. (Sky News)
- American and British government officials make contact to collaborate on the issue of a broad travel alert. (PA via ''The Independent'')
- Ecuadorean Policy Minister Doris Soliz announces that parts of an austerity law which provoked the 2010 Ecuador crisis are to be rewritten. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 3 October 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Sampdoria : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Cagliari : 0 - 0
- Fiorentina - Palermo : 1 - 2
- Genoa - Bari : 2 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Club Brugge - Gent : 3 - 2
- Standard - Anderlecht : 5 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Bayern Munich : 2 - 0
- Leverkusen - Werder Bremen : 2 - 2
- Stuttgart - Ein Frankfurt : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Augsburg : 3 - 2
- Frankfurt FSV - Cottbus : 3 - 2
- Munich 1860 - Union Berlin : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?