Tuesday 4 January 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Millar and Jonathan Cochet.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show) by Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr..
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while To Jerusalem And Back by Saul Bellow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meeting of Minds.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Circus or Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1977!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 January 1977 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- David Millar: Maltese-Scottish cyclist and coach.
- Jonathan Cochet
- Olivier Theyskens: Belgian fashion designer who has worked with several major houses, including Rochas, Nina Ricci, and Theory.
- Vhong Navarro: Dancer.
- Irán Castillo: Mexican actress and singer.
- Dan Shanahan: Irish hurler and coach.
- Ozell Wells: Dominican-American basketball player coach and scout.
- Tim Wheeler: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ash).
- Iran Castillo: Mexican actress.
- Graham Elliot: Chef.
- Mary Shane hired by Chicago White Sox as 1st woman TV play-by-play
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Brick - Dazz
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?