Sunday January 04, 1970
US date format: 1/4/1970, UK date format: 4/1/1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 4, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josh Stamberg and Sean Lumpkin.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Moon Zero Two, directed by Roy Ward Baker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Collapse Of The Third Republic by William L. Shirer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Atakku no. 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 04, 1970?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- New York City transit fare rises from 20 cents to 30 cents, new larger tokens used
- Jean-Etienne Valluy: French general (Born 1899).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 04, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Friendship Train
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me
- Johnnie Taylor - Love Bones
- Nina Simone - To Be Young, Gifted And Black
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Aretha Franklin - Eleanor Rigby
Sport Games on January 04, 1970
- Cleveland Browns - Minnesota Vikings : 7 - 27
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free