Wednesday January 28, 1970
US date format: 1/28/1970, UK date format: 28/1/1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 28, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Chao-Bin Su and James Atkins.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Want You Back by The Jackson 5.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Zabriskie Point, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Collapse Of The Third Republic by William L. Shirer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Atakku no. 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 28, 1970?
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 28, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Tom Jones - Without Love (There Is Nothing)
- Elvis Presley - Don't Cry Daddy
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin/Everybody Is A Star
- The Temptations - Psychedelic Shack
- B.B. King - The Thrill Is Gone
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- James Brown - Let A Man Come In And Do The Popcorn (Part Two)
- Johnnie Taylor - Love Bones
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 28If January 28, 1970 is your birthday you're 50 years, 8 months, 27 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 3 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 the zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Who was the US President on January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 28, 1970?
On January 28, 1970 several famous people were born including, Chao-Bin Su, Donald Tardy, James Atkins.
What was the number one song in January 28, 1970?
The number one song in the week of January 28, 1970 was I Want You Back by The Jackson 5 in US and Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris in UK.
What were the top hits on January 28, 1970?
The top hits on January 28, 1970 were I Want You Back by The Jackson 5, Venus by The Shocking Blue, Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas in US and Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris, Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town by Kenny Rogers & The First Edition, Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley in UK.