Sunday January 18, 1970
US date format: 1/18/1970, UK date format: 18/1/1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 18, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Peter Van Petegem and Peter van Petegem.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
MASH, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Gang That Couldn'T Shoot Straight by Jimmy Breslin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Atakku no. 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 18, 1970?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- NFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 16-13.
- David O McKay: 9th Mormon president, dies at age 96.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 18, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- Elvis Presley - Don't Cry Daddy
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Ferrante and Teicher - Midnight Cowboy
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
- Johnnie Taylor - Love Bones
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
- James Brown - Let A Man Come In And Do The Popcorn (Part Two)
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Point It Out
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- Otis Leavill - I Love You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 18If January 18, 1970 is your birthday you're 50 years, 8 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 20 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 18, 1970?
On January 18, 1970 several famous people were born including, Peter Van Petegem, Leo Araguz, Peter van Petegem.
Which famous people died on January 18, 1970?
Famous people died on January 18, 1970 include, David O McKay.
What was the number one song in January 18, 1970?
The number one song in the week of January 18, 1970 was Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas in US and Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris in UK.
What were the top hits on January 18, 1970?
The top hits on January 18, 1970 were Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas, Venus by The Shocking Blue, I Want You Back by The Jackson 5 in US and Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris, Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town by Kenny Rogers & The First Edition, Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley in UK.