Tuesday January 06, 1970, Epiphany
US date format: 1/6/1970, UK date format: 6/1/1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 6, 1970). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gabrielle Reece and Julie Chen.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by B.J. Thomas.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Pippi in the South Seas, directed by Olle Hellbom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Atakku no. 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 06, 1970?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 06, 1970?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- The Shocking Blue - Venus
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Bobby Sherman - La La La (If I Had You)
- Tommy Roe - Jam Up Jelly Tight
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Diana Ross & The Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- James Brown - Ain't It Funky Now (Part 1)
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - These Eyes
- Johnnie Taylor - Love Bones
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - What You Gave Me
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Friendship Train
- Nina Simone - To Be Young, Gifted And Black
- James Brown - Let A Man Come In And Do The Popcorn (Part Two)
- Otis Leavill - I Love You
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 06If January 06, 1970 is your birthday you're 50 years, 8 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 19 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free