Sunday May 4, 1986US date format: 5/4/1986, UK date format: 4/5/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 4, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Hill (basketball) and Scott Spedding.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Down by Law, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Handmaid'S Tale by Margaret Atwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Labyrinth: The Computer Game or Big Event Golf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1986 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- George Hill (basketball)
- Scott Spedding
- George Hill: American Basketball player.
- Devan Dubnyk: Canadian ice hockey player.
- President Babrak Karmal resigns as party leader of Afghanistan.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
- The Jets - Crush On You
- The S.O.S. Band - The Finest
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
- Party Freak - Ca$hflow
- Freddie Jackson - Love Is Just A Touch Away
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?