Saturday 3 May 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Poppy Delevingne and Pom Klementieff.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Down by Law, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Seasons Of The Heart by Cynthia Freeman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rambo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ganso Saiyūki: Super Monkey Daibōken or Hypaball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1986 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:03 May
- Robert Alda: American-born actor (Dan Lewis - Supertrain), dies at age 72 (born 1914).
- Cubs 3rd baseman Ron Cey hits his 300th and 301st HR
- New York Yankees' Don Mattingly is sixth to hit three sacrifice flies in a game.
- Air Lanka crashes, killing 22.
- 112th Kentucky Derby: Bill Shoemaker aboard Ferdinand wins in 2:02.8.
- NASA launches Geos-G; it fails to achieve orbit.
- Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
- The Jets - Crush On You
- The S.O.S. Band - The Finest
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
- Ca$hflow - Party Freak
- Freddie Jackson - Love Is Just A Touch Away
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?