Saturday 3 May 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Short Circuit, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while High Jinx by William F. Buckley Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madam Sousou.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alex Kidd: The Lost Stars or Get Dexter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1986 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 03 May
- Robert Alda: American-born actor (Dan Lewis - Supertrain), dies at age 72 (born 1914).
- Cubs 3rd baseman Ron Cey hits his 300th and 301st HR
- New York Yankees' Don Mattingly is sixth to hit three sacrifice flies in a game.
- Air Lanka crashes, killing 22.
- 112th Kentucky Derby: Bill Shoemaker aboard Ferdinand wins in 2:02.8.
- NASA launches Geos-G; it fails to achieve orbit.
- Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?