Friday 16 May 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Megan Fox and Drew Roy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Greatest Love Of All by Whitney Houston.
In UK The Chicken Song by Spitting Image was in the top 5 hits.
Cobra, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Joanna'S Husband And David'S Wife by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Very Peculiar Practice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jackal or Jewels of Darkness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1986!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1986 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Megan Fox: American actress and model.
- Drew Roy: TV Actor.
- Ana Cheri: Instagram Star.
- Andy Keogh: Irish footballer.
- Shamcey Supsup: Filipino model and architect.
- Shakti Arora: Indian Actor
- Top Gun, premieres
- Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy) comes back from dead on Dallas
- The Seville Statement on Violence is adopted by an international meeting of scientists, convened by the Spanish National Commission for UNESCO, in Seville, Spain.
- South African President P W Botha sends Coetsee to visit Mandela.
- ''Hands Across America'': At least 5,000,000 people form a human chain from New York City to Long Beach, California, to raise money to fight hunger and homelessness.
- The Bangladeshi double decked ferry ''Shamia'' capsizes in the Meghna River, southern Barisal, Bangladesh, killing at least 600.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?