Friday 2 May 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Kirk and Emily Hart.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Short Circuit, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madam Sousou.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Castle or Fantasy Zone.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1986 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- James Kirk: Canadian actor.
- Emily Hart: American actress.
- Thomas McDonell: Movie Actor.
- Brian Puspos: Dancer.
- Zac Purchase: English rower.
- Sergio Cresto: American rally co-driver (Born 1956).
- Dynamo Kiev wins 26th Europe Cup II.
- Transportation Expo 86 opens in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Takeshi's Castle first aired on TBS.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 May 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?