Thursday 1 May 1986
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Benitez and Christian Benítez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
No Retreat, No Surrender, directed by Corey Yuen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while When All You'Ve Ever Wanted Isn'T Enough by Harold S. Kushner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Madam Sousou.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alter Ego or The Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1986 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Christian Benitez: Ecuadorian footballer.
- Christian Benítez: Ecuadorian footballer (d. 2013).
- Adam Casey: Australian footballer.
- Brent Stanton: Australian rules footballer.
- Hugo Peretti: American songwriter and record producer (Born 1916).
- Tass reports Chernobyl nuclear power plant mishap
- Bill Elliott sets stock car speed record of 212.229 mph.
- Will Stegers expedition reaches North Pole.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?