Thursday May 1, 1986US date format: 5/1/1986, UK date format: 1/5/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 1, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mamadou Samassa and Christian Benítez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Down by Law, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Blessings In Disguise by Alec Guinness was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bird Week or Mission Omega.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 May 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 1 May 1986 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
- Mamadou Samassa
- Christian Benítez: Ecuadorian footballer (d. 2013).
- Mona Walravens
- Dianna Agron: Actress.
- Brent Stanton: Australian rules footballer.
- Hugo Peretti: American songwriter and record producer...
- Tass reports Chernobyl nuclear power plant mishap
- Bill Elliott sets stock car speed record of 212.229 mph.
- Will Stegers expedition reaches North Pole.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
- The Jets - Crush On You
- The S.O.S. Band - The Finest
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
- Party Freak - Ca$hflow
- Freddie Jackson - Love Is Just A Touch Away
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?