Tuesday 8 May 2012
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Hick, directed by Derick Martini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Journey to a Dream.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blast-A-Way or Doom 3 BFG Edition.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 2012 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 May
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian uprising: Opposition fighters say they are amassing weapons amid a lull in fighting. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Libyan rebels who fought to topple Muammar Gaddafi in 2011 launch an attack on the interim Prime Minister Abdurrahim El-Keib's office in Tripoli, Libya. (BBC)
- Paul Simon and Yo-Yo Ma are awarded the Polar Music Prize. (BBC)
- A court in Beijing intends to hear artist and dissident Ai Weiwei, held and gagged on charges of tax evasion by the People's Republic of China. (BBC)
- The U.S. state of Nevada approves the country's first self-driven vehicle licence. (BBC)
- Thaer Halahla, a Palestinian national on hunger strike for 71 days after being jailed by Israeli authorities, is transferred to a civilian hospital. (BBC)
- A South African court rules that the country is obliged under international law to investigate human rights abuses in Zimbabwe. (IOL)
- A Thai man in his 60s who was jailed for 20 years for sending text messages deemed offensive to the Thai royal family has died, his lawyer said. (BBC)
- A CIA double agent was involved in a foiled bomb plot by Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to blow up an U.S.-bound flight, according to government officials. (CNN)
- The New York Court of Appeals, in The People v. James Kent, rules that merely viewing child pornography (or having a cache of it, as on a cell phone), despite its offensiveness, is not in itself illegal in the state, so long as one is not aware of the cache or did not download the images ono a drive in order to view them state legislators have stated they will work to close those loopholes through formulation of legislation. Distribution, production, and purposeful possession would still be
- Former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko ends her hunger strike in detention. (Ukrainian News Agency)
- Next Israeli legislative election: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reaches an agreement with the Head of Opposition Shaul Mofaz for Kadima to join the current government, thus canceling the early election supposed to be held in September. (''Ynetnews'')
- Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi is given a passport for the first time in 24 years. (BBC)
- The U.S. state of North Carolina bans same-sex marriage. (Al Jazeera)
- Richard Mourdock wins a Republican primary election in the US state of Indiana defeating incumbent Senator Richard Lugar. (MSNBC)
- Former Northern Ireland U-21 footballer James McClean, who burst onto the scene in the 2011–12 Premier League, is subjected to sectarian abuse by disgruntled fans after Giovanni Trapattoni named him in the Irish UEFA Euro 2012 squad yesterday. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 8 May 2012
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cartagena - Celta : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Liverpool - Chelsea : 4 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Empoli : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?