Monday 14 May 2012US date format: 5/14/2012, UK date format: 14/5/2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 2012). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Mud, directed by Jeff Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Passage Of Power by Robert A. Caro was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Satyamev Jayate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two or Deep Black.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 2012
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2012!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2012 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- Scientists at California's Stanford University invent a working bionic eye powered only by focused light. Though currently a prototype, the device could eventually restore the sight of millions of people suffering from eye diseases such as macular degeneration and retinal pigmentosa. (BBC)
- Syrian uprising: At least 30 people die in a battle between Syrian government forces and rebel fighters in the town of Rastan. Reportedly, 23 of the dead are government soldiers. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- An Air India pilots' strike enters its seventh day, with the airline cancelling 13 international flights. (BBC)
- An Agni Air flight carrying 21 people crashes while trying to land at Jomsom Airport in mountainous northern Nepal. 15 people are reported dead. (AP via ''Huffington Post'')
- A 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes the PeruvianndashChilean border, causing power cuts but no serious immediate damage. No casualties have been reported. (AFP via Google)
- The President of South Korea, Lee Myung-bak, commences the first official visit by a South Korean leader to Myanmar since 1983, when North Korean commandos attempted to assassinate the then-President, Chun Doo-hwan, in a bomb attack. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Over 1,500 Palestinian prisoners in Israeli prisons end their mass hunger strike after reaching an agreement with Israeli authorities in an Egyptian-mediated deal. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- News Corporation scandal:
- Tony Blair's former Director of Communications, Alastair Campbell, tells the Leveson Inquiry that there was no ampquotexpress dealampquot between Blair and News Corporation CEO Rupert Murdoch in the run-up to the 1997 UK general election. (BBC)
- Entertainment manager Louis Walsh seeks access to documents which allegedly show that Murdoch's tabloid ''The Sun'' paid €700 to a man who made, in a high profile case, what turned out to be a false sexual assault accusation against Walsh. The senior counsel for Walsh tells Ireland's High Court: ampquot''The Sun'' directed the operation to take out Louis Walsh as a public person.ampquot (''Irish Independent'')
- A fourth successive attempt by major Greek political parties to form a coalition government ends in failure. Another attempt is scheduled for May 15 if a coalition cannot be agreed, emergency elections must be held in June. (BBC)
- American Republican politician Ron Paul states he will be ending his active presidential campaign bid. However, he will still try to secure delegates before the Republican National Convention in August. (CNN)
- Tens of thousands of people line the streets of Manchester in celebration of Manchester City's victory in the Premier League season finale ndash the team's first Premier League win since 1968. (BBC)
- Málaga CF player Ruud van Nistelrooy announces his retirement from professional football. (BBC)
Sport Games on 14 May 2012
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Verona : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Climax - Usher
- Birthday Cake - Rihanna Featuring Chris Brown
- Leave You Alone - Young Jeezy Featuring Ne-Yo
- UP! - LoveRance Featuring IamSu & Skipper or 50 Cent
- Drank In My Cup - Kirko Bangz
- Another Round - Fat Joe Featuring Chris Brown
- Cashin' Out - Ca$h Out
- Love On Top - Beyonce
- The Motto - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Ayy Ladies - Travis Porter Featuring Tyga
Top #10 Latin songs
- Michel Telo - Ai Se Eu Te Pego
- Bailando Por El Mundo - Juan Magan Featuring Pitbull & El Cata
- Intentalo - 3BallMTY Featuring El Bebeto y America Sierra
- Dutty Love - Don Omar Featuring Natti Natasha
- Llamada de Mi Ex - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Amor Confuso - Gerardo Ortiz
- Espinoza Paz - Un Hombre Normal
- El Mejor Perfume - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Las Cosas Pequenas - Prince Royce
- La Senal - Juanes
Top #10 Rock songs
- Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye Featuring Kimbra
- Linkin Park - Burn It Down
- Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
- We Are Young - fun. Featuring Janelle Monae
- Live To Rise - Soundgarden
- Tongue Tied - Grouplove
- These Days - Foo Fighters
- Midnight City - M83.
- Bully - Shinedown
- Of Monsters And Men - Little Talks
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $51.65
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $111.11
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $76.34
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $23.00
- 1 CHF = 6.7488 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.3035 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.933 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.3 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?