Friday 11 May 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
Battleship, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Journey to a Dream.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Code of Princess or Cortex Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 2012!
Which were the important events of 11 May 2012 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 May
- Syrian uprising: the death toll of the May 10 Damascus double bombing reaches 55, with as many as 370 reportedly injured. Syrian authorities claim that over of explosives were used in the attacks. (''Daily Mail'')
- Mexican Drug War: Gunmen open fire on an ''El Mañana'' newspaper office in the border city of Nuevo Laredo, shortly after drug-related massacres in the city. (''Washington Post'')
- The United States Armed Forces are embroiled in controversy over a defunct officer training course called ''Perspectives on Islam and Islamic Radicalism'', which taught that Islam is America's irreconcilable enemy. (''Democracy Now'')
- An American study reveals that North Koreans have an increasing level of informal access to foreign media, despite the intense censorship efforts of the North Korean government. (BBC)
- Security is tightened in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, ahead of anti-China protests amid an ongoing Sino-Philippine territorial dispute in the South China Sea. (Reuters)
- A woman is arrested on suspicion of murder after five children die in a suspected arson fire in the English city of Derby. (BBC)
- William Balfour is found guilty of murdering the mother, brother and nephew of American entertainer Jennifer Hudson. (ABC News America)
- At the Leveson Inquiry into British media practices, former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks discloses an email that appears to show that Britain's Culture Secretary, Jeremy Hunt, sought advice from News International over how Downing Street should respond to the News of the World phone hacking scandal. (''The Guardian'')
- Chinese scientists use quantum teleportation to transmit photons over a distance of ndash a world record for quantum teleportation. (PopSci)
- A panel of American health experts recommends formal approval of the Truvada anti-HIV drug for prescription to non-infected men who have sex with multiple male partners, a decision opposed by some health workers and groups active among those with HIV. (BBC)
- Thousands of fans attend a memorial service for the late San Diego Chargers linebacker Junior Seau at Qualcomm Stadium. Team president Dean Spanos announces that Seau's #55 will be retired by the team. (ESPN)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 May 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?