Tuesday 4 October 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 4, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.
Hugo, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson, Marshall Karp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dragon Age: Redemption.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blocks That Matter or SpongeBob SquigglePants.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 4 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 October
- Gunmen kill 12 Shiite Muslims near the Pakistani city of Quetta in an apparent sectarian killing. (AP via ABC News)
- At least 130 people are killed in a car bombing in the Somali capital Mogadishu. (Indo-Asian News Service via ''Hindustan Times'')
- Regulators in the European Union are close to making a formal announcement that they object to a proposed merger of NYSE Euronext with Deutsche Boerse AG, according to an anonymous source cited by Reuters. (Reuters).
- Technology company Apple Inc. announces its much-anticipated iPhone 4S at Apple's Cupertino campus. (USA Today)
- The death toll from the flooding of Cambodia's Mekong River and attendant flash floods reaches 164. (Xinhua via ''Philippines Star'')
- The Pacific islands of Tuvalu and Tokelau declare a state of emergency due to a lack of drinking water caused by low rainfall. (''The Telegraph'')
- A helicopter crashes into the East River in New York City killing one person and injuring three after taking off from the East 34th Street Heliport. (''New York Times'')
- Nine North Korean defectors arrive in South Korea after staying in Japan for three weeks. (Yonhap)
- Russia and the People's Republic of China veto a United Nations Security Council resolution condemning Syria for a crackdown on political protestors. (Al Jazeera)
- The European Court of Justice rules against ampquotthe imposition of national borders to sell broadcasting rights on a territory-by-territory basisampquot, as this is in contravention of EU laws on free trade. It would allow members of the public to seek cheaper providers of Premier League football, whilst finding against a landlady who used Greek television to show live football in her public house. (''The Guardian'')
- Voters in the US state of West Virginia go to the polls for a gubernatorial special election with acting Governor, Democrat Earl Ray Tomblin, being elected as Governor of West Virginia. (''Charleston Gazette'')
- Voters in the Canadian province of Manitoba go to the polls for a general election, with the NDP led by Greg Selinger being elected to a fourth term. (''Montreal Gazette'')
- The Haitian Senate finally approves the appointment of Garry Conille as the Prime Minister. (AP)
- Saul Perlmutter, Brian P. Schmidt and Adam Riess share the Nobel Prize for Physics for work on the accelerating expansion of the universe. (''The Guardian'')
- In basketball, the North American National Basketball Association cancels the remainder of the preseason due to the 2011 NBA lockout, with cancellation of games in the regular season occurring if the lockout continues for another week. (NBC Sports)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Headlines - Drake
- Quickie - Miguel
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- You - Romeo Santos
- Donde Estas Presumida - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.27
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $78.88
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.43
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $21.93
- 1 CHF = 6.9503 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.0621 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8711 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.094 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?