Wednesday 4 October 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emerald Wulf .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
One Night with the King, directed by Michael O. Sajbel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Confession by James E. McGreevey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Underground.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battleship/Connect Four/Sorry!/Trouble or Buzz!: The Sports Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 October 2006
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 4 October 2006 ?
- Tom Bell: English actor on stage, television and film (Born 1933).
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes above 11,800 for the first time rising 123.27 points, or 1.05%, finishing at 11,850.61.
- The Dow Jones industrial average reaches another record high close, rising above 11,850 for the first time. (CBS News)
- A United States Appeals Court in Cincinnati, Ohio rules that the U.S. government can continue to use its warrantless domestic wiretap program pending the Justice Department's appeal of a federal judge's ruling outlawing the program. (Reuters)
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Food and Drug Administration searches two spinach packaging companies in the Salinas Valley in California for evidence related to a recent outbreak of ''E. coli'' in the United States and Canada that made 200 people sick. (San Francisco Chronicle)
- The European Union imposes an anti-dumping tariff on leather shoe imports from the Far East - 16.5% on imports from China and 10% on imports from Vietnam. China supplies about 1.25 billion pairs of shoes to the EU each year. (EUobserver.com)
- American Roger Kornberg wins the 2006 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for describing the essential process of gene copying in cells, research that can give insight into illnesses such as cancer and heart disease. (Boston Globe)
- Mark Foley scandal:
- The ''Drudge Report'' alleges that one teen with whom Mark Foley engaged in cybersex during a House vote was 18 years old at the time of the communications. (''Drudge Report'')
- A former page states that he was warned of Representative Foley's advances by a departing page in 1995. Among his claims are that Foley made him uncomfortable and offered to buy him ice cream on several occasions. (Chicago Tribune)
- House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert states that he will not resign from his position in the wake of the scandal. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 October 2006
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Weymouth - Gravesend : 2 - 1
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet & Nelly - Call On Me
- Money Maker - Ludacris Featuring Pharrell
- Pullin' Me Back - Chingy Featuring Tyrese
- Say Goodbye - Chris Brown
- S.E.X. - Lyfe Jennings
- Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
- Beyonce - Ring The Alarm
- Shoulder Lean - Young Dro Featuring T.I.
- I Know You See It - Yung Joc Featuring Brandy 'Ms. B.' Hambrick
- Get Up - Ciara Featuring Chamillionaire
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Mana - Labios Compartidos
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Tengo Un Amor - Toby Love Featuring Rakim & Ken-Y
- Joan Sebastian - Mas Alla Del Sol
- Noche De Entierro (Nuestro Amor) - Los Benjamins Featuring Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Hector "El Father" & Zion
- Down - RKM & Ken-Y
- Mariano Barba - Aliado Del Tiempo
- De Rodillas Te Pido - Alegres de La Sierra
- Los Infieles - Aventura
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?