Thursday 5 April 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Hobbs and Spencer Folau.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Scarecrow, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while I'M O.K.- You'Re O.K. by Thomas Harris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1973 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Ed Hobbs: WLAF RB (London Monarchs).
- Spencer Folau: NFL / WLAF offensive tackle (Baltimore Ravens, Rhein Fire).
- Estefania Knuth in Barcelona: Spain; LPGA golfer (1992 French International).
- Yutaka Kawaguchi: hockey defenseman (Team Japan 1998).
- Emile Palmer: WLAF defensive tackle (London Monarchs).
- Pharrell: American music producer (The Neptunes)
- Tony Banks: American football player, winner of the highly contested starting quarterback position with the St. Louis Rams in his Rookie season on 9/23/1996, starting his first pro game three days later at 1:00 PM MST, Tempe, AZ. Banks was selected out of Michigan state in the second round of the 1996 draft; 42nd pick overall, on 4/20/1996. The Rams were in a state of disarray and hoped for Banks to bring them together.
- Elodie Bouchez: French actress living in Los Angeles. She had two children (born in 2002 and 2008) with Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk). In 1998, she received the "Best actress" Award at the Cannes Film Festival for her role in "The Dreamlife of Angels".
- Vanessa Demouy: French model, stage actress, occasionally film actress and singer. Primarily known as Linda in the sitcom "Models in Paradise" and for his role in "Classe Mannequin".
- Pharrell Williams: American producer, actor, and rapper known for his huge hit "Happy" in 2014 and previously for contributing with several artists such as Britney Spears, Daft Punk, Aloe Blacc, Chris Cab, Kylie Minogue, Kelis ...
- Élodie Bouchez: French-American actress
- Jason Done: English actor
- Cho Sung-min: South Korean baseball player (d. 2013)
- John Coleman: Australian rules footballer (Born 1928).
- Pioneer 11 launched to Jupiter
- NFL adopts jersey numbering system (ie quarterbacks, 1-19).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Carpenters - Sing
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- War - The Cisco Kid
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?