Saturday 7 April 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Salvail and Carole Montillet.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Scarecrow, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1973 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Eve Salvail: Canadian model.
- Carole Montillet: French alpine skier, she won the gold medal at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics, in the downhill.
- Marco Delvecchio: Italian footballer.
- Jeanine Hennis-Plasschaert: Dutch lawyer and politician Dutch Minister of Defence.
- Christian O'Connell: British radio DJ and presenter.
- Nick Stuart: bandleader, dies of cancer at age 69.
- Cleveland Indians sets day-game and opening-game attendance records of 74,420.
- ''Tu te reconnaîtras'' by Anne-Marie David (music by Claude Morgan, text by Vline Buggy) wins the Eurovision Song Contest 1973 for Luxembourg.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Carpenters - Sing
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- War - The Cisco Kid
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?