Tuesday 10 April 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guillaume Canet and Tony Vairelles.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Scarecrow, directed by Jerry Schatzberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 10 April 1973 ?
- Guillaume Canet: Born to Philippe and Marie-Antoinette, "pieds-noirs" bakers coming from Algeria, he is a French actor and director in over 40 films, including "Last Night" (2010).
- Tony Vairelles: French football striker.
- Roberto Carlos: Soccer Player.
- Aidan Moffat: Scottish singer-songwriter (Arab Strap and The Reindeer Section).
- Christopher Simmons: Canadian-American graphic designer author and academic.
- BEA flight to Basel Switz, crashes on landing, killing 104 of 143
- Pakistan suspends constitution.
- Kansas City opens its new park, Royals Stadium, with 12-1 rout of Texas Rangers.
- A British Vanguard turboprop crashes during a snowstorm at Basel, Switzerland killing 104.
- Israeli commandos raid Beirut, assassinating 3 leaders of the Palestinian Resistance Movement. The Lebanese army's inaction brings the immediate resignation of Prime Minister Saib Salam, a Sunni Muslim.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 April 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- Carpenters - Sing
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Al Green - Call Me (Come Back Home)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?