Monday 5 March 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicole Pratt in Mackay and Paul Lieftink Dutch soccer player (NAC.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Upper Crusts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1973 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Nicole Pratt in Mackay: Australia; tennis star (1995 Futures Australia).
- Paul Lieftink Dutch soccer player (NAC: Spakenburg).
- Yannis Anastasiou: Greek footballer and manager.
- Nelly Arcan: Canadian novelist (Born 1975).
- Ryan Franklin: American baseball player.
- Nicole Pratt: Australian tennis player and coach
- Juan Esnáider: Argentine football manager and former footballer
- Yankee pitchers Peterson and Kekich announce they swapped wives
- The US Treasury calls for new designs for the half dollar and the dollar coins for the 1976 American bicentennial.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 March 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Jermaine Jackson - Daddy's Home
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?