Thursday 12 April 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Panucci and Claudia Jordan.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia by Vicki Lawrence.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Soylent Green, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Journey To Ixtlan by Carlos Casteneda was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lemmi und die Schmöker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gotcha or Lunar Lander.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 April 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 April 1973 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Christian Panucci
- Claudia Jordan: Model.
- Joël Lautier
- Lionel Roux: French tennis player, pro since 1991 and winner (team) of the 1996 Davis Cup.
- Christina Moore: TV Actress.
- J Campbell: American author and illustrator.
- Ryan Kisor: American trumpet player and composer.
- Antonio Osuna: Mexican-American baseball player.
- J Scott Campbell: American comic book artist.
- Pamela Polk in Berlin: Wisconsin, USA; Miss Wisconsin-America (1996).
- Antonio Osuna in Sinaloa: MTxico; pitcher (Los Angeles Dodgers).
- Claudia Jordan Miss Rhode Island-USA (1997: top 10).
- Sudan adopts constitution.
- Swaziland suspends constitution.
- France recognizes North Vietnam.
- The Labour Party wins control of the Greater London Council.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- Carpenters - Sing
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Al Green - Call Me (Come Back Home)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?