Saturday 28 April 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elisabeth Röhm and Jorge Garcia.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
Soylent Green, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Sunlight Dialogues by John Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Neues vom Kleinstadtbahnhof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 April 1973 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Elisabeth Röhm: German-American actress.
- Jorge Garcia: American actor.
- Pauleta (footballer)
- Serge Zwikker: Dutch-American basketball player: center, Rockets.
- Earl Holmes: American football player and coach.
- Francisco Palencia: Mexican footballer.
- Marc[us] Blake Schneider: Lubbock, Texas -- Rower (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Elisabeth Rohm: German/American actress.
- Melvin Hayes NFL tackle (New York Jets: Tennessee Oilers).
- Six Irishmen, including Joe Cahill, are arrested by the Irish Naval Service off County Waterford, on board a coaster carrying 5 tons of weapons destined for the Provisional Irish Republican Army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?