Friday 5 August 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan Silverman in Los Angeles and Gilles Delion.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1966 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Jonathan Silverman in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Brighton Beach Memoirs).
- Gilles Delion: French road cyclist racer, his greats achievements included winning the "Giro di Lombardia" in 1990.
- Jennifer Finch: American photographer and musician, notable for her involvement in the all-female punk rock group L7.
- Yoko Moriguchi: Japanese actress.
- Jonathan Silverman: American actor and producer.
- 33rd NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Green Bay 38, All-Stars 0 (72,000)
- Beatle John Lennon says Beatles are more popular than Jesus
- Beatles release Yellow Submarine andEleanor Rigby in the UK
- Jose Torres beats Eddie Cotton to retain light-HW boxing title
- Martin Luther King Jr stoned during Chicago march.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 August 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?