Wednesday 17 August 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maysa (singer) and Cedric Figaro.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Fantastic Voyage, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Human Sexual Response by William H. Masters and Virginia E. Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 August 1966 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Maysa (singer)
- Cedric Figaro: WLAF linebacker (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Zefross Moss: NFL tackle (Detroit Lions, NE Patriots).
- Rodney Mullen: American skateboarder.
- Maysa Leak: American singer and producer (Incognito).
- Jüri Luik: Estonian politician and diplomat 18th Estonian Minister of Defense.
- Don Sweeney: Canadian ice hockey player and manager.
- Michael Garrison: Producer (Crowded Sky), dies after a fall at 43.
- Pioneer 7 launched into solar orbit.
- Willie Mays takes 2nd place on all-time HR list
- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Republic begin negotiations in Kuwait to end the war in Yemen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?