Tuesday 30 August 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Terry and Simon Wheeldon.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Sunshine Superman by Donovan.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Paris aktuell.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1966 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- John Terry: CFL tackle (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Simon Wheeldon: Hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Alain Marty: French president and founder of the Wine and Business Club, author of “Ils vont tuer le vin français” and presenter of a weekly radio show called “IN VINO BFM” (the first national radio broadcast to be dedicated to wine).
- Michael Michele: American actress.
- Joann Fletcher: English historian and academic.
- 98 British tourists die in an air crash in Ljubljana, Yugoslavia.
- France offers independence to French Somaliland.
- United Nations Secretary-General U Thant declares that he will not seek re-election, because U.N. efforts in Vietnam have failed.
- While waiting at a bus stop, Ralph Baer an inventor with Sanders Associates, writes a four-page document which lays out the basic principles for creating a video game to be played on a television: the beginning of a multi billion dollar industry.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 August 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- The Happenings - See You In September
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- Wilson Pickett - Land Of 1000 Dances
- Lee Dorsey - Working In The Coal Mine
- Stevie Wonder - Blowin' In The Wind
- Billy Stewart - Summertime
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?