Friday 12 August 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Covernton and Dean Hartgraves.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1966 ?
- Bruce Covernton: CFL defensive tackle (Calgary Stampeders).
- Dean Hartgraves: Bakersfield, California -- Pitcher (Houston Astros).
- Gordy Morgan: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- 163 lbs greco-roman wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Greg Manusky: NFL linebacker (KC Chiefs).
- Tobias Ellwood: American-English captain and politician.
- The General Services Administration turns the New Orleans Mint over to the state of Louisiana.
- In the People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong begins the Cultural Revolution to purge and reorganize China's Communist Party.
- An earthquake in Varto town, Turkey, kills 2,394 and injures 10,000.
- Syrian and Israeli troops clash over Lake Kinneret (also known as the Sea of Galilee) for 3 hours.
- It is announced that the ''New York Herald Tribune'' will not resume publication.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?