Monday 22 August 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Michaels and Brooke Dillman.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
Alfie, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Giles Goat Boy by John Barth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ulrich und Ulrike.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1966!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1966 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Mark Michaels: heavy metal guitarist (Teach Yourself Rhythm Guitar).
- Brooke Dillman: Comedian.
- GZA : American rapper.
- Eric Andolsek: American football player (Born 1966).
- Rob Witschge: Dutch soccer star (Ajax / Feyenoord).
- Apolinary Szeluto: Composer, dies at 82.
- Beatles arrive in New York City
- Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Happenings - See You In September
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
- The Beatles - Yellow Submarine
- Petula Clark - I Couldn't Live Without Your Love
- Billy Stewart - Summertime
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?