Thursday 11 August 1966
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nigel Martyn and Antonio Goss.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Summer In The City by The Lovin' Spoonful.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Human Sexual Response by William H. Masters and Virginia E. Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 August 1966 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Nigel Martyn: English footballer and coach.
- Antonio Goss: NFL linebacker (SF 49ers).
- Juan Solare: Internationally renowned Argentinian composer, pianist, conductor and teacher.
- Last Beatle concert tour of US begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Bobby Hebb - Sunny
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?