Saturday 5 July 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to This Is The Night by Clay Aiken.
In UK Bring Me To Life by Evanescence was in the top 5 hits.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, directed by Stephen Norrington, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The King of Torts by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Suika.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Big Game Hunter: 2004 Season or Double Dragon Advance.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 2003!
Which were the important events of 5 July 2003 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 July
- Roman Lyashenko: Russian ice hockey player (Born 1979).
- At least 16 people are killed and 40 injured by two female suicide bombers in an attack at ''Krylya'', a popular music festival, at the Tushino airfield near Moscow. The Russian authorities blame an on-going terrorism campaign by Chechen rebels the Chechen government denies any connection to the attacks.
- 2003 occupation of Iraq: 7 newly US-trained Iraqi policemen are killed and at least 13 are wounded by an explosion while they are marching from training school in Ramadi. The American forces overseeing the rebuilding of Iraq's infrastructure, who gave their blessing to the march taking place, blames loyalists to Saddam Hussein some people on the scene blame U.S. forces. It is the first attack on Iraqis collaborating with the invading coalition forces, as opposed to on the forces themselves.
- In response to 500,000-strong protests earlier in the week, Tung Chee-hwa, Chief Executive of Hong Kong, announces that controversial provisions that are alleged capable of limiting civil liberties in Hong Kong Basic Law Article 23 will be rewritten.
- Premier John Hamm of Nova Scotia, Canada, calls a provincial election for August 5.
- Wimbledon championships: Serena Williams repeats as women's champion by beating her sister Venus, by scores of 4–6, 6–4, 6–2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
- R Kelly - Ignition Remix
- Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey featuring The Flipmode Squad - I Know What You Want
- Say Goodbye / Love Ain't Gonna Wait For You - S Club
- XTM & DJ Chucky Presents Annia - Fly On The Wings Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?