Tuesday July 08, 2003
US date format: 7/8/2003, UK date format: 8/7/2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see zodiac on July 8, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Crazy In Love by Beyonce was in the top 5 hits.
Seabiscuit, directed by Gary Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Deal or No Deal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Big Game Hunter: 2004 Season or EyeToy: Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 08, 2003?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- A worker at a Lockheed Martin aircraft parts factory in Meridian, Mississippi, shoots 13 co-workers, killing five, before committing suicide. Investigators are unsure of the motive. (Washington Post)
- Ladan and Laleh Bijani die during their unsuccessful separation operation in Singapore. (BBC)
- During a visit to the former slave-trading station on Goree Island, off the coast of Dakar, Senegal, U.S. President George W. Bush calls slavery ampquotone of the greatest crimes of historyampquot, but stops short of an official apology.
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: A British Columbia court rules that same-sex couples may get married in that province, effective immediately. BC becomes the second Canadian province, and second political division in the Western Hemisphere, to legalize same-sex marriage. This decision is similar to the Ontario decision on June 10, 2003. (Canada News)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 08, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Marco Antonio Solis - Tu Amor O Tu Desprecio
- Ricky Martin - Tal Vez
- Mana - Mariposa Traicionera
- Juanes With Nelly Furtado - Fotografia
- Gilberto Santa Rosa - Si Te Dijeron
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $35.85
- Apple AAPL: opens at $19.52
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.26
- General Electric GE: opens at $29.27
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $86.09
- 1 USD = 118.31 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3657 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3706 CHF
- 1 EUR = 133.75 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6917 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on July 08, 2003?
On July 08, 2003 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is July 08, 2003?
On July 08, 2003 the zodiac sign was Cancer.
Who was the US President on July 08, 2003?
On July 08, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on July 08, 2003?
On July 08, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on July 08, 2003?
On July 08, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in July 08, 2003?
The number one song in the week of July 08, 2003 was Crazy In Love by Beyonce in US and Crazy In Love by Beyonce in UK.
What were the top hits on July 08, 2003?
The top hits on July 08, 2003 were Crazy In Love by Beyonce, Magic Stick by Lil' Kim, This Is The Night by Clay Aiken in US and Crazy In Love by Beyonce, Bring Me To Life by Evanescence, Fast Food Song by Fast Food Rockers in UK.