Monday 5 March 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Handley and Teena Marie.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Doctor at Sea, directed by Ralph Thomas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Eyre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1956 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Mark Handley: Writer (Nell).
- Teena Marie: American singer and composer (Born 1956).
- Adriana Barraza: Mexican actress and director.
- Marco Paolini: Italian stage actor and author.
- Christopher Snowden: English engineer and academic.
- Donato Oliverio: Italian Bishop of the Eparchy of Lungro
- Erich Itor Kahn: Composer, dies at 50.
- King Kong, 1st televised
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Jacksonville Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 March 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?