Thursday 5 March 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Talia Balsam and Mike Byster.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stagger Lee by Lloyd Price.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
The Journey, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1959 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Talia Balsam: Movie Actress.
- Mike Byster: American mathematician and academic.
- David Fury: American television writer and producer.
- Tsukasa Hojo: Japanese illustrator.
- Vazgen Sargsyan: Armenian colonel and politician 8th Prime Minister of Armenia (d. 1999).
- Iran and US sign economic and military treaty.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 March 1959
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- Ray Anthony - Peter Gunn
- Bill Parsons - The All American Boy
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?