Friday 13 March 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pascal Légitimus and Scanio Pecoraro.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters was in the top 5 hits.
The Diary of Anne Frank, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Mrs. Arris Goes To Paris by Paul Gallico was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 13 March 1959 ?
- Pascal Légitimus: French humorist and actor, son of an American theater seamstress of Armenian origin and born to an Antillean father, and grand-son of Martiniquais comedian Darling Légitimus.
- Scanio Pecoraro: Italian politician, a Member of Parliament and minister in Amato's Government.
- Kathy Hilton: socialite-Hilton Hotels, mother of Nicky Hilton and Paris Hilton.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Petite Fleur (Little Flower) - Chris Barber's Jazz Band
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- The Crests - 16 Candles
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?