Thursday 19 March 1959
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Grouard and Terry Hall (singer).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Compulsion, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lili.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1959 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Serge Grouard
- Terry Hall (singer)
- Shelley Burch: Tucson, Arizona -- Actress (One Life to Live, Identity Crisis).
- Shelly Burch in Tucson: Arizona, USA; actress (Delila - One Life to Live, Identity Crisis).
- Luc Besson: Director.
- Terry Hall: English singer-songwriter (The Specials Fun Boy Three The Colourfield and Vegas).
- Kevin Moreton: English actor.
- Serguei Dounovetz: French writer and screenwriter, an author of detective fiction and children's and teeenage literature.
- Julia London: Writer.
- 1st Impressions opens at Alvin Theater NYC for 84 performances
- Buena Vista releases Disney's live-action feature film The Shaggy Dog to theaters. This is Disney's first live-action comedy film. The film is based on the novel The Hound of Florence by Felix Salten.
- Two other islands join Addu in the United Suvadive Republic (abolished September 1963), in the Maldives Islands.
- Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida opens.
- The Dalai Lama is granted asylum in India.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Charlie Brown - The Coasters
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Pretty Girls Everywhere - Eugene Church and The Fellows
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Teardrops On Your Letter
- Try Me - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- (Night Time Is) The Right Time - Ray Charles with the Raylettes
- Sam Cooke - Everybody Likes To Cha Cha Cha
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?