Friday 20 March 1959
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 20, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Abgrall and Jacques Penot.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Compulsion, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lili.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 March 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 20 March 1959 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Jean-François Abgrall: French gendarme, famous for his investigation of the serial killer Francis Heaulme.
- Jacques Penot
- Steve McFadden: Soap Opera Actor.
- Steve Borden: Wrestler.
- Sting : American professional wrestler.
- Dale Reid: Ladybank, Scotland -- LPGA golfer (European Solheim Cup team).
- Dave Beasant: English footballer and coach.
- Mary Roach: American author.
- Nalini Ambady: Indian-American psychologist and academic (d. 2013).
- Michael Whouley: American political operative who is credited with John Kerry’s come-from-behind win in the Iowa caucuses in January 2004.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Charlie Brown - The Coasters
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Pretty Girls Everywhere - Eugene Church and The Fellows
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Teardrops On Your Letter
- Try Me - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- (Night Time Is) The Right Time - Ray Charles with the Raylettes
- Sam Cooke - Everybody Likes To Cha Cha Cha
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?