Tuesday 17 March 1959, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1959). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Ainge and Flavor Flav.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Compulsion, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Watch That Ends The Night by Hugh MacLennan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lili.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1959
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1959 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Danny Ainge: American basketball player, the one-time coach of the Phoenix Suns.
- Flavor Flav: Musician.
- Terry Hall: (Special, Fun Boy 3).
- Brian Douglas Jones in Auckland: New Zealand; tornado class yachter (Olympics-1996).
- Jens Stoltenberg: Politician.
- Christian Clemenson: American actor.
- Paul Black: American singer-songwriter and drummer (L.
- Mike Lindup: British rock keyboardist/singer (Level 42 - "Hot Water").
- Australia and the USSR restore diplomatic relations
- Dalai Lama flees Tibet for India
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- LaVern Baker - I Cried A Tear
- Charlie Brown - The Coasters
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Jackie Wilson - Lonely Teardrops
- Pretty Girls Everywhere - Eugene Church and The Fellows
- Hank Ballard And The Midnighters - Teardrops On Your Letter
- Try Me - James Brown And The Famous Flames
- (Night Time Is) The Right Time - Ray Charles with the Raylettes
- Sam Cooke - Everybody Likes To Cha Cha Cha
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?