Sunday 5 May 1935
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Pivot and Dieter Krombach.
Public Hero Number 1, directed by J. Walter Ruben, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1935 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Bernard Pivot: French writer, a journalist for a dozen years writing columns that reviewed cultural events, restaurants and media productions.
- Dieter Krombach
- Douglas Marland in West Sand Lake: New York, USA; soap opera writer (General Hospital).
- Hue Lucas: American blue collar worker, gay and AIDS patient.
- Douglas Marland: soap writer (As the World Turns), dies at age 58.
- Robert Rehme: American film producer.