Saturday 11 May 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug McClure in Glendale and Doug McClure.
Werewolf of London, directed by Stuart Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Time Out of Mind by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1935!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1935 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Doug McClure in Glendale: California, USA; actor (Checkmate, Virginian, Roots).
- Doug McClure: American actor, a handsome blond leading man and supporting actor on film and in television series, most notably in "The Virginian" (1962) and "Backtrack!" (1969).
- Joe Melson: American singer and a BMI Award-winning songwriter, who from 1957 teamed up with a virtually unknown Roy Orbison, with whom he would write a string of hits for Monument Records, including "Only the Lonely" (1960), "Running Scared" (1961, #1 in the US), "Crying" (1961) and "Blue Bayou" (1963).
- Doug Mc: Glendale Actor.
- Francisco Umbral: Spanish journalist and author (d. 2007).
- Edward H Thompson: US archaeologist (Mayan civilization), dies at age 78.
- 61st Preakness: Willie Saunders aboard Omaha wins in 1:58.4.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?