Tuesday 14 May 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yves Larec and Guy Texereau.
Werewolf of London, directed by Stuart Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Of Time and the River by Thomas Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1935 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Yves Larec
- Guy Texereau: French field and track champion running the 300 m. steeplechase at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Monty Roberts
- Rudi Seligo: Slovenian writer and politician (d. 2004).
- Rudi Šeligo: Slovenian playwright and politician (d. 2004).
- Griffith Planetarium opens in LA
- Los Angeles' Griffith Planetarium opens, third in US.
- Plebiscite in the Philippines ratifies independence agreement.
- The Philippines ratifies an independence agreement.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?