Wednesday 15 May 1935
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barry Crump and Thubten Yeshe.
Border Brigands, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1935
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1935 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Barry Crump: New Zealand writer whose novels include "Hang on a Minute Mate," 1961, "There and Back," 1962 and "The Odd Spot of Bother," 1967: a total of more than twenty books of comic Kiwi (New Zealand) yarns.
- Thubten Yeshe: Tibetan master of Buddhist teachings, author, world teacher and traveler.
- Donald Bragg
- Utah Phillips: American labor organizer and folk singer (d. 2008).
- Ted Dexter: Italian-English cricketer.
- Akihiro Miwa: Japanese singer actor director composer and author.
- Don Bragg: American pole vaulter, track and field gold medal champion.
- Kazimir Malevich: Ukrainian painter and theorist (d. 1935).
- Pirates beat Phillies 20-5
- The Moscow Metro is opened to public.