Friday 5 October 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Angelo Buono Jr and Kenneth D Taylor.
The Gay Divorcee, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1934 ?
- Angelo Buono Jr
- Kenneth D Taylor: Canadian ambassador to Iran during the 1979 hostage crisis.
- Angelo Buono: American homicide who, as the owner of an auto upholstery shop and a prostitute ring in Glendale, became notorious as the Hillside Strangler.
- Kenneth Taylor: Canadian businessman and diplomat.
- Jean Vigo: French film director, a creative genius known as film's Rimbaud.
- Miners rebel in Asturias, Spain (see Asturian miners' strike of 1934).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?