Wednesday 31 October 1934, Halloween
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Beaton and Walter Steffens.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1934 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Norman Beaton: Actor (Eureka, Black Joy, Mighty Quinn).
- Walter Steffens: Composer.
- Fillie Lyckow: Swedish actress (d. 2015).
- The Century of Progress Exposition in Chicago closes. Over the two years, there were 38,867,000 visitors.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Solitude - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?