Tuesday 16 October 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Schacht and Peter Ashdown.
Marie Galante, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching Parrotville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1934 ?
- Henry Schacht: American administrator and CEO in charge of Cummins Engine, one of the nations largest manufacturers of diesel motors.
- Peter Ashdown: English racing driver.
- Mao Tse-tung and 25,000 troops begin 6,000 mile Long March
- Chinese Communists begin the Long March; it ended a year and four days later, by which time Mao Zedong had regained his title as party chairman.
- The Long March of the Chinese Communists begins.