Saturday 20 October 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michiko Shoda and Michael Dunn.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1934 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michiko Shoda
- Michael Dunn: Shattuck, Oklahoma -- Actor (House of the Damned, Ship of Fools).
- Timothy West: British actor known for masterful performances in which he portrayed such historic figures as Churchill, Stalin and Edward VII.
- Nola Williams: American astrologer, a consulting professional astrologer for "Contemporary Astrology" magazine and an international speaker.
- Eddie Harris: American jazz saxophonist (d. 1996).
- Empress Michiko: of Japan.
- Michiko : Japanese royalty who, as a commoner, met Prince Akihito at a tennis court in August 1957 and beat the Prince on the tennis court, leading to a love-match.
- Bill Chase: American trumpet player and bandleader (Born 1934).
- All-Star team led by Babe Ruth and Connie Mack sails to Hawaii and Japan
- Richard Strauss completes his opera Die Schweigsame Frau
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?