Wednesday 17 October 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barend P Tammeling and Christian Bruhn.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1934 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Barend P Tammeling: Dutch journalist (Trouw, Groninger Gezinsbode).
- Christian Bruhn: German composer, arranger and writer of lyrics.
- Alan Garner: English author and playwright.
- Johnny Haynes: English-Scottish footballer (d. 2005).
- Rico Rodriguez: American trombonist (The Specials and Jools Holland's Rhythm and Blues Orchestra).
- Santiago Ramon y Cajal: Spanish histologist and neuroscientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (Born 1852).
- The Aldrich Family premieres on radio
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?