Saturday 6 October 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marshall Rosenberg and Ted Van Dyk.
The Gay Divorcee, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1934 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Marshall Rosenberg: American psychologist and author (d. 2015).
- Ted Van Dyk: American newspaper columnist and author who served as a political strategist and adviser on Democrat party presidential campaigns for more than 35 years.
- Nicolas Lebeuf: Boulogne-Billt EXecutives.
- Catalonian separatists rebel in Spain.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?