Wednesday August 6, 1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 6, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Watson and Paula Creamer.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II) by Peter Cetera.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Extremities, directed by Robert M. Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Cast Of Killers by Sidney D. Kirkpatrick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Darwin 4078 or Equinox.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1986 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Paula Creamer: Athlete.
- Lauren Watson: Movie Actress.
- Michael Parr: Soap Opera Actor.
- Mehmet Akgün: Turkish footballer.
- Raphael Pyrasch: German rugby player.
- Reby Sky: American wrestler and model.
- Orioles (Dwyer & Sheets) and Rangers (Harrah) hit record 3 grand slams
- Phil Katz releases PKARC version 1.0, for IBM
- Record 3 grand slams hit in game Tx vs. Baltimore (Harrah, Sheets & Dwyer)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Rod Stewart - Love Touch
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jean Carne - Closer Than Close
- Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love
- Anita Baker - Sweet Love
- - Rumors
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
- Love The One I'm With (A Lotta Love) - Melba Moore & Kashif
- Burnin' Love - ConFunkShun
- Skyy - Givin' It (To You)
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?