Wednesday 6 August 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Watson and Michael Parr.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II) by Peter Cetera.
In UK Papa Don't Preach by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
The Transformers: The Movie, directed by Nelson Shin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Wanderlust by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Equinox.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jack the Nipper or Labyrinth: The Computer Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1986 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Lauren Watson: Movie Actress.
- Michael Parr: Soap Opera Actor.
- Mehmet Akgün: Turkish footballer.
- Raphael Pyrasch: German rugby player.
- Reby Sky: American wrestler and model.
- Orioles (Dwyer & Sheets) and Rangers (Harrah) hit record 3 grand slams
- Phil Katz releases PKARC version 1.0, for IBM
- Record 3 grand slams hit in game Tx vs. Baltimore (Harrah, Sheets & Dwyer)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Rod Stewart - Love Touch
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?