Thursday 6 June 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Wright and Craig Roberts.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
Speedway, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 6 June 1968 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
- Brian Wright: Stillwater, Oklahoma -- Canadian Tour golfer (1991 NM Open-2nd).
- Craig Roberts: Everett, Washington -- Canadian 68 kg freestyle wrestler (1996 Olympics).
- Edwin Vurens: Dutch soccer player (FC Twente).
- Alan Licht: American guitarist, composer and journalist.
- Francois Avard: Canadian writer and scenarist.
- Dominique Beuf: French jockey with 113 wins in ‘’Lauriers du plat’’ (Laurels of the flat). He was awarded two Cravache d’Or: 1991 (143 wins), 1998 (175 wins). 1999 (113 wins).
- François Avard: Canadian author and screenwriter
- WKHA TV channel 35 in Hazard, KY (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Don Drysdale of the Los Angeles Dodgers throws his record 58th consecutive scoreless inning, a major league record until 1988.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 June 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?