Friday 6 June 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Happening, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hollow by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Studio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Star Cheer Squad or Burning Wheels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 June 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 June 2008 ?
- Memorial Day - South Korea.
- Doomsday (weekday)
- Queensland Day.
- National holiday of Sweden.
- D-Day landings - Europe.
- Bonza Bottler Day - USA.
- National Yo-yo Day - USA.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 June
- After five years of searching, the Caribbean Monk Seal is declared officially extinct (MSNBC)
- Japan and North Korea resume bilateral talks, last held in September 2007. (BBC News)
- Colombia and Ecuador restore relations following the Andean diplomatic crisis in March. (Reuters)
- A Venezuelan National Guard sergeant and 3 more people are captured in the Colombian Department of Vichada with 40,000 AK-47 rounds for the rebel group FARC. (Noticias24)
- The Diet of Japan recognizes the Ainu as an indigenous people for the first time. (Yomiuri Shimbun)
- The price of a barrel of crude oil rises a single-day record of nearly US$11, settling at a new record of US$138.54. (CNN)
- Joseph Muscat becomes the leader of the Malta Labour Party, to become the opposition leader of Malta, to take the place of Charles Mangion, after the resignation of Alfred Sant. (''Times of Malta'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?