Friday 6 November 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Hadès and Mike Nichols.
The Champ, directed by Wallace Beery, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 November 1931 ?
- Alain Hadès: French astrologer calling himself Hadès, pseudonym of Alain Yaouanc.
- Mike Nichols: American film director, born to a jewish Polish father and to a German mother, widely known for his two first movies: "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" and "The Graduate".
- Peter Collins (racing driver)
- Tsvetan Tsvetanov: Composer.
- Alain Lemyse: Belgium sport Champion.
- Peter Collins: English race car driver (Born 1931).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?